DCM Shriram Ltd. board approves investment of Rs 1000 crore in its Bharuch FacilityJanuary 20, 2021
New Delhi: DCM Shriram Ltd. board has approved an investment of Rs 1000 crore in its Chemical business today, this investment will be focused on building downstream capabilities of the company’s chemical portfolio. DCM Shriram is the second largest Chlor Alkali producer in India with an existing capacity of approximately 6,50,000 TPA between its Bharuch and Kota manufacturing facilities. The Bharuch facility is the single largest Chlor alkali site in India and this expansion will further enhance the scale along with the necessary integration capabilities.
The company will be putting up a 52500 TPA Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2)and 51000 TPA Epichlorohydrin (ECH) plant along with aglycerine purification facility. The Aluminum Chloride capacity will also be increased by 32850 TPA at the Bharuch facility. The projects will be implemented over a period of 24 months.
Further, as part of this investment, the company will also set up a state of the art Multipurpose Product Research and Development (R&D) Center catering to its existing and new products.
The board had approved an investment of Rs. 1070 Cr in January 2019 for the chemicals business. Due to the COVID-19 situation there was a push back on the timelines,the 120 MW power plant is slated to commence operations by Q4 FY 22. The plan for implementation of 700 TPD Caustic Soda plant and 500 TPD flaker will be taken in due course.
Shekhar Khanolkar, Executive Director & CEO- Chemicals, DCM Shriram Ltd said regarding the investment, “These investments will provide strength to our overall chlorine utilization strategy and pave way for DCM Shriram to enter into value added businesses. We are widening horizons by going beyond Caustic, Chlorine into H2O2 and ECH while leveraging our strong product base and cost competitiveness. We will continue to invest in our Bharuch facility to make the infrastructure safer and more sustainable as a “Responsible Care®” business.”
Aditya Shriram, Executive Director, DCM Shriram Ltd added, “These steps augur well for growth and strengthening of our Chemicals business, DCM Shriram’s financial strength enables us to invest ahead of the curve to take advantage of product cycles.”
- No need to go to RTO for these services; Govt issues notification
- Vice President to lay foundation stone for 500-bed Nirali Multi-specialty Hospital in Navsari
- ACB Gujarat nabs Assistant Engineer in Surat in Rs. 15,000 bribe case
- Bengaluru, Pune, Ahmedabad best cities in Ease of Living Index 2020 (Million Plus Category)
- Twitter Trend #WeWantKarnavati demands for renaming ‘Ahmedabad’ as ‘Karnavati’
- 3rd day of Budget session to witness introduction of non-Govt bills
- AMC announces more Micro Containment Zones in Ahmedabad
- Gujarat completes vaccination of over 10 lakh persons