PM Modi wearing a special Pagh from JammagarJanuary 26, 2021
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi is wearing Halari pagh ( royal head turban ) from Jamnagar in Gujarat today in Republic day functions.
The first such Pagh was gifted to him by the royal family of Jamnagar.
The royal family of Jamnagar has special respect globally. The king of Jamnagar Maharaja Jam Saheb Digvijay Singh ji had saved 1000 children from Poland during World War 2. This was one of defining acts of humanity during the World War 2.
Poland still cherishes this gesture of Jamanagar’s erstwhile King. In 2016, 50 years after Jam Saheb’s death, Poland’s Parliament unanimously adopted a special resolution honouring Jam Saheb Digvijay Sinhji for his aid to Polish children refugees during World War. Refugees in Poland also affectionately remember Jamnagar as ‘Little Poland’ by which name a film was also later made.
- No need to go to RTO for these services; Govt issues notification
- Vice President to lay foundation stone for 500-bed Nirali Multi-specialty Hospital in Navsari
- ACB Gujarat nabs Assistant Engineer in Surat in Rs. 15,000 bribe case
- Bengaluru, Pune, Ahmedabad best cities in Ease of Living Index 2020 (Million Plus Category)
- Twitter Trend #WeWantKarnavati demands for renaming ‘Ahmedabad’ as ‘Karnavati’
- 3rd day of Budget session to witness introduction of non-Govt bills
- AMC announces more Micro Containment Zones in Ahmedabad
- Gujarat completes vaccination of over 10 lakh persons