Muslim BJP candidate concealed identity and won AMC election, alleges rival Congress candidateMarch 06, 2021
Ahmedabad: Jay Patel, a Congress candidate from Navrangpura ward of Amdavad Municipal Corporation (AMC) has through his lawyer filed plea in Bhadra court here against recent election of two rival BJP councilors Nirav Kavi and Asha Brahmbhatt.
Patel has in his plea claimed that BJP candidate Nirav Kavi who has been declared victorious in recently concluded AMC election had concealed the detail of his faith in his form number 23 of nomination.
Patel claims that Nirav Kavi is Muslim by born and if he has converted to Hindu faith, he has not completed required procedures for that. Patel has claimed that Kavi is son of Muslim father Sikandar Mir and Christian mother Amitaben.
According to a lawyer of Congress legal cell, Kavi demanded votes through Hindu identity and concealed that he was Muslim by birth in nomination form and thus won election by corrupt practice and therefore his win has to be invalidated.
Patel also claims that another BJP candidate declared elected from Navrangpura ward, Asha Brahmbhatt has concealed the details of corruption case she faced. Brahmbhatt didn’t mention that she was facing case of corruption in connection with Lakhudi Talavdi slums reconstruction project.
Patel has through his these claims, which are yet to be proved in the court, demanded invalidation of election of these two candidates for violation of rules of filing nomination.
Small Cause court has sought reply from Kavi and Brahmbhatt in the next date of hearing on Monday.
- AMC announced 17 more Micro Containment Zones
- Surat Police nabs three Bangladeshi intruders involved in international human trafficking
- Mask compulsory in Railway Premises, trains; Rs. 500 fine for breach
- Over 9500 Covid cases reported in a day in Gujarat, 97 deaths, active cases over 55,000
- Non availability of Remdesivir in home care treatment of Covid19 continues
- Pharma companies reduce Remdesivir injection prices
- Those returning from Kumbh to be isolated, tested for Covid through RTPCR: Rupani
- Rajkot Police nabs a person delievering ice gola dish during curfew