Narmada Maiya bridge in Bharuch likely to be be inaugurated in AprilMarch 11, 2021
Bharuch: A four-lane Narmada Maiya bridge over river Narmada in Bharuch is likely to be inaugurated on upcoming Ram Navami in later portion of April.
Construction of Rs. 400 crore bridge started in 2015. It was to be completed two years ago, however a decision was taken later to extend the Bharuch side portion upto KJ Polytechnic at Bholav and therefore completion took extra time. Various issues related to land acquisition also caused delay.
A 1462 meter long bridge over river Narmada has 27 pillars. The bridge has 288 light poles. The bridge is located parallel to over a century old Golden bridge.
- AMC declares new Micro Containment Zone; Critical covid beds availability above 2,000 mark
- Daily fresh Covid19 cases count slides below 10,000 in Gujarat
- PM releases 8th instalment of Rs 2,06,67,75,66,000 financial benefit under PM-KISAN to 9,50,67,601 farmers
- JioPhone users to get 300-minute outgoing calls free/month, buy-one-get-one on plans
- Heavy to very heavy rainfall at a few places over Saurashtra, Kutch on 18th May: IMD
- Core group on Covid led by Rupani to visit Palanpur, Bhavnagar
- One held for making Yashraj Mukhate type spoof video of Chief Minister Rupani
- Gujarat govt to directly recruit over 2,000 nurses urgently