Most wanted Gujarat criminal Jayesh Patel of Jamnagar nabbed in LondonMarch 17, 2021
Jamnagar: Jayesh Patel alias Jaysukh Ranpariya, Gujarat’s most wanted criminal with Interpol red corner notice against him, has been finally nabbed from London through Interpol. Formal announcement on this big success of Gujarat Police might be made by Minister of State for Home, Pradipsinh Jadeja later today. India had asked UK to nab Ranpariya and sent related dossier with details of 42 offenses against him. Diplomatic channels were also activated to ensure success in nabbing this notorious mafia, whose assets are attached by India’s Enforcement Directorate.
Deepan Bhadran, Superintendent of Police (SP) of Jamnagar district was on a mission to nab Jayesh. There are over 40 offences registered against Jayesh including loot, murder, extortion, attempt of murder and more. He is booked under GUJCTOC. His gang members have been already put in jails in recent months in a result-oriented drive led by Bhadran.
Bringing Jayesh back to Gujarat will be a Herculean task for Police, because that will depend on local court’s decision in UK.
In related development, Jamnagar Police has arrested accused involved in lawyer Kirit Joshi’s murder from Kolkata. The accused are identified as Dilip, Hardik Thakkar and Jayant Gadhvi. Joshi, a prominent lawyer who had fought cases against Jayesh Patel and his gang was brutally murdered on road in Jamnagar on instruction of Jayesh. DeshGujarat
- Rainfall continuing in Ahmedabad; two gates of Vasna barrage opened by AMC
- 1081 poles, 40,000 trees felled, 159 roads damaged, power cut in 2,437 villages, 3 deaths: Rupani on Tauktae cyclone impact
- Power supply affected in over 4,000 villages due to cyclone Tauktae: GUVNL
- Tauktae moving at 10 kmph speed in Amreli district; gradual weakening begins
- No report of any death due to Tauktae cyclone: Gujarat govt official
- First batch of anti-COVID drug 2-DG developed by DRDO launched
- Day-time restrictions and night curfew to continue for 3 more days: Rupani
- AMC declares two more Micro Containment Zones, removes existing 30