We’re in constant touch with MHA, MEA over extradition process of Ranpariya: DGP GujaratMarch 18, 2021
Gandhinagar: Gujarat Director General of Police (DGP), Ashish Bhatia has confirmed that Jayesh Patel alias Jaysukh Ranpariya has been detained by Interpol in London.
“The Gujarat Police had issued a Red-Corner notice against Ranpariya, and followed up the case with the Interpol and the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) in New Delhi. We had received his location to be in London, UK, and had sent the input to the Interpol. As per Indian Standard Time (IST), Ranpariya was detained from a location in London on Tuesday night,” Bhatia told English daily Indian Express.
“He will be produced now in a court of law over there (London). The Interpol had also asked for a provisional arrest form from us, which we have sent already. Now, the extradition process of Ranpariya will start and we are constantly in touch with the Union Home Department and Ministry of External Affairs,” Bhatia added as per the Indian Express report.
- AMC declares new Micro Containment Zone; Critical covid beds availability above 2,000 mark
- Daily fresh Covid19 cases count slides below 10,000 in Gujarat
- PM releases 8th instalment of Rs 2,06,67,75,66,000 financial benefit under PM-KISAN to 9,50,67,601 farmers
- JioPhone users to get 300-minute outgoing calls free/month, buy-one-get-one on plans
- Heavy to very heavy rainfall at a few places over Saurashtra, Kutch on 18th May: IMD
- Core group on Covid led by Rupani to visit Palanpur, Bhavnagar
- One held for making Yashraj Mukhate type spoof video of Chief Minister Rupani
- Gujarat govt to directly recruit over 2,000 nurses urgently