Rupani in Surat announces decisions taken on Covid19 pandemic situationApril 06, 2021
Surat: Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani today said 60 percent of total covid cases in Gujarat are in four cities of Gujarat. Over four lakh persons are being vaccinated daily in the State. Gujarat has so far completed 70 lakh vaccine shots. He said the daily Covid tests figure in the State was around 60,000 earlier against 1,20,000 nowadays.
Rupani who earlier chaired a high-level meeting at Surat district collector office on Covid19 pandemic situation along with Deputy Chief Minister Nitin Patel and other officials, made several announcements in an interaction with media:
-Surat has 50 Sanjivani Raths on road. A decision has been taken to add 50 more Raths and put total 100 Raths on road.
-Private nursing homes of 10-20-30 beds will also be permitted to treat mild and asymptomatic covid cases. Such nursing homes may not have ventilator or ICU. This will ease burden on beds in bigger hospitals where serious patients need to be tackled in priority. This decision has been taken for the entire state.
-800 Covid beds are to be added in Kidney hospital in Surat.
-Additional 300 ventilators are to be added to Surat by the State government.
-In order to address the demand and shortage of Remdesivir injections, the State government yesterday ordered 3 lakh Remdesivir injections. Such injections are manufactured by Zydus Cadila company in Gujarat only. Daily 20,000 to 25,000 injections have been now in supply. Remdesivir will be available for free at public hospital while stock will be also supplied to private covid hospitals so that the patients don’t need to move here and there for its purchase. By midnight today, 2,500 Remdesivir injections will reach Surat.
When asked about the Gujarat High Court’s suggestions including lockdown to control spread of Covid infection, Chief Minister said the government will take proper decision for good of people after going through the suggestions.
- AMC announced 17 more Micro Containment Zones
- Surat Police nabs three Bangladeshi intruders involved in international human trafficking
- Mask compulsory in Railway Premises, trains; Rs. 500 fine for breach
- Over 9500 Covid cases reported in a day in Gujarat, 97 deaths, active cases over 55,000
- Non availability of Remdesivir in home care treatment of Covid19 continues
- Pharma companies reduce Remdesivir injection prices
- Those returning from Kumbh to be isolated, tested for Covid through RTPCR: Rupani
- Rajkot Police nabs a person delievering ice gola dish during curfew