A 900 bed full fledged Covid hospital to come up at GU convention centre in two weeksApril 13, 2021
Gandhinagar: The Government of Gujarat has initiated efforts for setting up a 900-bed full facility dedicated covid care hospital in cooperation with Defense Research & Development Organization (DRDO) which functions under the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India in order to offer best treatment to patients in view of increasing spread of Covid19 infection.
The hospital according to the government will be functional in next two weeks at Gujarat University Convention Centre in GMDC ground of Ahmedabad city. Chief Minister Vijay Rupani and Deputy Chief Minister Nitin Patel reviewed the project in Core committee meeting in Gandhinagar.
A 900-bed dedicated covid care hospital will have 150 ICU beds with 150 ventilators. All 900 beds will have oxygen facility. If required, 500 beds will be added later, arrangement for which will be done in advance. The hospital will also have portable X-ray machine facility.
The hospital will have intensive and critical care facilities. It will have toilets and bathroom facilities for patients. It will have helpdesk, and facilities for food for patients, doctors and paramedical staff. It will also have restroom facility for doctors and para medical staff.
Higher and Technical Education department’s principal secretary Smt Anju Sharma has been handed over the responsibility of run this hospital. Gujarat University’s Vice Chancellor Dr. Himanshu Pandya and DRDO’s colonel B.Chaube among other Government officials will extend cooperation in operation of this hospital.
The Chief Minister has passed necessary instructions to Anju Sharma and colonel Chaube to start the works on war foot basis to make this hospital functional in next two weeks.
The Government of Gujarat had requested the Government of India for setting up this hospital. Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi and Home Minister Shri Amit Shah have extended help in view of needs of Gujarat. Chief Minister Rupani has conveyed thanks to the Centre for it. DeshGujarat
- Photo of long queue for Dalwada goes viral as Amdavad receives rain; AMC shuts the shop
- Rainfall continuing in Ahmedabad; two gates of Vasna barrage opened by AMC
- 1081 poles, 40,000 trees felled, 159 roads damaged, power cut in 2,437 villages, 3 deaths: Rupani on Tauktae cyclone impact
- Power supply affected in over 4,000 villages due to cyclone Tauktae: GUVNL
- Tauktae moving at 7 kmph speed, 165 km away from Ahmedabad at 11.30 am; further weakens
- No report of any death due to Tauktae cyclone: Gujarat govt official
- First batch of anti-COVID drug 2-DG developed by DRDO launched
- Day-time restrictions and night curfew to continue for 3 more days: Rupani