Navsari to get mega textile park under PM Mitra YojanaMay 18, 2022
Gandhinagar: A mega textile park will come up in South Gujarat’s Navsari under the PM Mitra Yojana, and the state government has kickstarted the process of acquiring 2,383 acres land it will require.
The yarn-to-cloth mega textile park will come up in Wasi-Borsi of Navsari, where producers will be able to find market as well as support both at the same spot.
Of the 7 textile parks Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman had announced in Budget 2021-22, one has found its way to Gujarat.
The ground breaking ceremony for the textile park in Navsari will be done at the hands of PM Narendra Modi, when he visits the state. The central government will provide development capital support and common infrastructure development funds of which Rs 500 crore will be for Greenfield project and Rs 200 crore for brown field project. Besides this, each textile park will receive Rs 300 crore to encourage competitors through competitiveness incentive support for textile manufacturing.
Of the total area of this mega park, 50% will have to be used for manufacturing activities, 20% will be given to set up utilities, 10% will be used for carrying out financial activities, 5% area will be used for establishing logistic support, 10% area will be earmarked for residential housing whereas 5% will be set aside for research and training.
This mega park will be developed on the lines of Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) and Public Private Participation (PPP) models, while it will be co-owned by the central and state governments. DeshGujarat
- Gujarat BJP appoints new President of SC and OBC morcha
- Gujarat BJP appoints four district/city unit chiefs
- Honda Cars India launches New City and New City e:HEV in India
- Slab of under construction bridge on Bhavnagar - Veraval highway collapse
- Stray bull menace claims life of 7-year-old boy in Surendranagar District
- Surat Court to hear final arguments in defamation case against Rahul Gandhi from March 7
- GSHSEB launches counselling helpline for students ahead of Board exams
- CNG dealers strike in Gujarat postponed