Work on Morbi airport comes to a halt owing to question of road for farmers

Morbi: The airport being developed at Rajpar village in Morbi has come up against an obstacle. The construction of a 5.5 kilometer long wall along the airport’s periphery has been halted with 40% of the wall remaining to be constructed.

The farmers could find commuting difficult if the entire 5.5 kilometer wall is built because of which the district administration has been forced to bring the work of constructing it to an abrupt halt.

The airstrip from Morbi’s days as a princely state has been proposed to be converted into an airport. As part of this plan, the roads and homes department of Morbi has undertaken construction of a 5.5 kilometer long wall along the proposed airport’s periphery at a cost of Rs 4.5 crore.

As much as 60% of the work on the wall is complete but the remaining 40% work has been halted because of the difficulties it could pose to farmers if completed. DeshGujarat

error: Content is protected !!