CBI arrests Gujarat cadre IAS officer K RajeshJuly 13, 2022
Gandhinagar: Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has finally arrested Gujarat cadre officer of Indian Administrative Service (IAS) AK Rakesh in corruption case.
Rajesh was facing probe in number of corruption matters including an allegation that he had taken bribe in exchange of approving gun licenses to applicants when he was the district collector of Surendranagar. CBI has already arrested K Rajesh’s middleman previously.
According to CBI sources: CBI today arrested the 2011-batch Gujarat Cadre IAS officer K Rajesh under corruption charges. He was not cooperating in the ongoing investigation. He was accused of granting gun licences against bribes and regularizing land in favour of influential people.
- Bhavnagar-Talaja-Mahuva road to be ready by June: Govt
- ACB Gujarat traps a middleman receiving bribe on behalf of GST Inspector
- Pilot project to live-stream proceedings of all district courts in Gujarat kicks off
- Several restrictions on portion of Sindhu Bhavan road due to U20 meet
- Jio-bp introduces E20 blended petrol
- Don't bulldoze liquor bottles captured by Police, instead auction them in other States: Vasoya
- Guj HC drops contempt case against 9 lower court judges
- PM Modi's reply to Motion of Thanks on President's address in Lok Sabha