Gujarat government announces Semiconductor policy 2022 -2027; Dholera to have Semicon CityJuly 27, 2022
Gandhinagar: The Government of Gujarat today announced Semiconductor Policy 2022-27 for semiconductor and display manufacturing. With this Gujarat has become the first state to announced dedicated policy for such production. The policy intends to create 2 lakh employment in next five years.
GSEM will function as nodal agency for this. A new Semicon city will be developed in Dholra Special Investment Region (SIR). The projects set up at Dholera Semicon City will get 75 per cent subsidy on purchase of first 200 acre land. The project will get additional 50 per cent subsidy if approved under FAB project of upstream-downstream, ISM.
The unit will get water at the rate of Rs. 12 per cubic meter for first five years. For the next five years, the charge will increase by 10 per cent annually. The production unit will get Rs. 2 per unit power tariff subsidy for first ten years. It will get waiver from paying electricity duty under the provision of Gujarat Electricity Duty Act, 1958. Stamp duty discount will also be given for project land’s lease, sell and transfer. 100 per cent one time Stamp duty and registration fee waiver will be granted. A single window mechanism will be set up for fast approval.
The Government of India has set up the India Semiconductor Mission (ISM) to become atma nirbhar in the area of semi conductor chip manufacturing and made provision of Rs. 76,000 crore for that. The Government of Gujarat will provide additional investment assistance at 40 per cent rate if the project is approved under ISM. DeshGujarat
- Love Jihad: Gandhinagar Court rejects bail plea of main accused
- Stray dogs menace continuing; A child dies in Surat
- Bhavnagar-Talaja-Mahuva road to be ready by June: Govt
- ACB Gujarat traps a middleman receiving bribe on behalf of GST Inspector
- Pilot project to live-stream proceedings of all district courts in Gujarat kicks off
- Several restrictions on portion of Sindhu Bhavan road due to U20 meet
- Jio-bp introduces E20 blended petrol
- Don't bulldoze liquor bottles captured by Police, instead auction them in other States: Vasoya