All Gujarat DISCOMs get A+ in 10th Integrated Ratings by CentreAugust 07, 2022
Ahmedabad: All state-owned utilities and two torrent power utilities of Ahmedabad and Surat received an A+ grade in the “10th Integrated Ratings of DISCOMs” released by Union Minister for Power and New & Renewable Energy, Shri R K Singh in New Delhi on Friday.
DGVCL (Dakshin Gujarat Vij Company Limited) and MGVCL (Madhya Gujarat Vij Company Limited) topped the list, respectively, while two other state-owned DISCOMS and two torrent power utilities of Ahmedabad and Surat rounded out the top 10.
A total of 71 utilities, including state DISCOMs, private DISCOMs, and power departments, were evaluated.
A total of 12 DISCOMS made it to the A+ grade, including six from Gujarat, two from Maharashtra, and one from each Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, and West Bengal.
Gujarat Energy Minister Kanu Desai congratulated the power sector employees for maintaining the A+ grade year after year and said, “It has been possible because of the dedication and commitment of the employees of the four state-owned power distribution companies of the state.”
The purpose of this yearly practice is to evaluate utilities on parameters covering financial sustainability, performance excellence, and external environment, and their ability to sustain improvements year over year.
- RMC disposes of 145kg of stale material from ghughra production site
- Surat Police nabs one for allegedly coercing Hindu female to marry him
- Innovative bicycles made by 74 year old cycling enthusiast from Vadodara
- CM and Gujarat BJP cancel events in wake of Balasore train tragedy
- Rescue operation underway after 2-year-old girl falls into borewell in Jamnagar
- 12 booked for aiding escape of NDPS accused from police custody in Junagadh
- Vadodara court approves 3-day remand of man accused of raping a Hindu woman