Rajkot civic body planning a Lion Safari in cityFebruary 01, 2023
Rajkot: Rajkot Municipal Corporation (RMC) is planning to develop a lion Safari in the area of Pradhyuman Park zoo in the city.
The zoo is currently a breeding centre for Asiatic lions, and currently houses 15 lions, now RMC aims to use land on the back side of the zoo towards the Randarda nursery as the safari park. The civic body has already allocated Rs. 2 crores for the same purpose.
R K Hirpara, zoo superintendent, told a newspaper, “We will seek permission from the central zoo authority (CZA) and thereafter start the lion safari, which will be part of the zoo’s expansion process too.
If RMC gets permission from CZA then this will be the third lion safari park in the state other than Devaliya and Sasan Gir. DeshGujarat
- Gujarat govt transfers the Municipal Commissioner of Jamnagar
- Only 14-15% power purchased from pvt sector and on merit order: Gujarat Govt
- ACB Gujarat nabs a police man in bribe case
- India must also aim to become the world’s biggest dairy exporter: Amit Shah in Gujarat
- EPC tender opened for Kalupur railway station redevelopment; Work to be completed in 36 Months
- Guj HC issues notice to centre and NHAI over toll rates at NH8
- Boat seized in Dolphin poaching case had satellite phone; Accused on two days remand
- Pilgrims at Ambaji mandir buy 14,000 Mohanthal prasad boxes against 1600 Chiki packets