PM recalls 2001 Bhuj earthquake while speaking on Turkey tragedyFebruary 07, 2023
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi while addressing the MPs at the Bharatiya Janata Party parliamentary party meeting this morning, became emotional as he condoled the deaths in the earthquake that shook Turkey and Syria on Monday. According to ANI sources, PM turned emotional while recalling the wreckage in the 2001 Bhuj Earthquake and said that he could very well relate to what Turkey was going through right now. He also spoke about the challenges posed in the rescue operations after the 2001 earthquake when he was the chief minister of Gujarat.
Prime Minister also said that the Government of India has decided to provide all humanitarian assistance to the disaster-hit country.
First Indian C17 flight with more than 50 NDRF Search & Rescue personnel, specially trained dog squads, drilling machines, relief material, medicines and other necessary utilities & equipment reaches Adana, Türkiye, tweeted the external affairs minister S Jaishankar.
First Indian C17 flight with more than 50 @NDRFHQ Search & Rescue personnel, specially trained dog squads,drilling machines, relief material, medicines and other necessary utilities & equipment reaches Adana,Türkiye.
Second plane getting ready for departure. @MevlutCavusoglu pic.twitter.com/sSjuRJJrIO
— Dr. S. Jaishankar (@DrSJaishankar) February 7, 2023
The second C17 flight also left for Türkiye at around 1 Pm today, the external affairs ministry informed.
Second @IAF_MCC C-17 with self-contained @NDRFHQ teams including dog squads, search & rescue equipment, extrication tools and vehicles leaves for Türkiye.
India continues to support the people of Türkiye in their hour of need. pic.twitter.com/Pkfbwrg8FF
— Arindam Bagchi (@MEAIndia) February 7, 2023
Turkish Embassy in New Delhi tweeted: “First batch of earthquake relief material along with NDRF’s special search and rescue teams and trained dog squads just arrived in Turkiye. Thank you, India for your support and solidarity.”
A massive earthquake of 7.8 magnitude shook both Turkey and Syria killing 4600 people so far and the aftershocks of the earthquake are still occurring.
In 2001, a massive earthquake jolted Bhuj in Gujarat’s Kutch district in which more than 20,000 people were killed and over 1.5 lakh people were injured. The earthquake left thousands homeless. DeshGujarat
- UP Police STF team takes Atiq Ahmed from Sabarmati Jail to Prayagraj
- Grasim Industries acquires 220 acres land in Bharuch to set up manufacturing unit
- Police seize plot worth Rs 3.38 crore of GujCTOC accused in Jamnagar
- Mehsana municipality declares gutter cleaning robot machine unusable
- Why Surat Court gave highest possible sentence to Rahul Gandhi under relevant law
- Shifting of windmills close to Hirasar airport to be completed by March 31st
- Compensation sought for non-existent trees on land to be acquired in South Gujarat
- Mobile phones, harmful items, smoking and narcotics substances found in Gujarat jails during searches