Jio launches True 5G in 20 more cities including Gandhidham in GujaratFebruary 21, 2023
Mumbai: Reliance Jio today announced the launch of its True 5G services across 20 cities namely Bongaigaon, North Lakhimpur, Sivasagar, Tinsukia (Assam), Bhagalpur, Katihar (Bihar), Mormugao (Goa), Diu (Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu), Gandhidham (Gujarat), Bokaro Steel City, Deoghar, Hazaribag (Jharkhand), Raichur (Karnataka), Satna (Madhya Pradesh), Chandrapur, Ichalkaranji (Maharashtra), Thoubal (Manipur), Faizabad, Firozabad, Muzaffarnagar (Uttar Pradesh), taking the total count of cities enjoying Jio True 5G to 277.
Reliance Jio has become the first and the only operator to launch 5G services in majority of these cities. Jio users in these cities will be invited to the Jio Welcome Offer, to experience Unlimited Data at up to 1 Gbps+ speeds, at no additional cost, starting today.
Commenting on the occasion, Jio Spokesperson said, “We are proud to rollout Jio True 5G services in these 20 cities across 11 states/UTs. With this launch, Jio users across 277 cities can enjoy the transformational benefits of Jio True 5G in the new year 2023.
These newly launched True 5G cities are important tourism and commerce destinations as well as key education hubs of our country. With the launch of Jio’s True 5G services, consumers of the region will not just get the best telecommunication network but will also get infinite growth opportunities in the areas of e-governance, education, automation, Artificial Intelligence, gaming, healthcare, agriculture, IT, and SMEs.
We are grateful to the State Governments and Administrators of Assam, Bihar, Goa, Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu, Gujarat, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Manipur and Uttar Pradesh for their continuous support in our quest to digitize the region.”
Jio True 5G has a three-fold advantage that makes it the only TRUE 5G network in India:
- Stand-alone 5G architecture with Zero dependency on 4G network
- The largest and best mix of 5G spectrum across 700 MHz, 3500 MHz, and 26 GHz bands
- Advanced technology called Carrier Aggregation that seamlessly combines these 5G frequencies into a single robust “data highway”
List of 20 cities:
|Sr. No.||Town Name||State/UT|
|8||Diu||Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu|
|10||Bokaro Steel City||Jharkhand|
- Four from North Gujarat die while trying to enter America illegally
- Cricketer Salim Durani (88) passes away in Jamnagar, Gujarat; PM pays tribute
- Golden Katar Division of Indian Army celebrates its 58th Raising Day
- Mandatory RTPCR test for passengers from 6 countries entering Gujarat
- Gujarat govt revenue from SGST and VAT up by 20 percent in a year