State GST department of Gujarat nabs a key tax fraudsterFebruary 28, 2023
Gandhinagar: Gujarat State Goods & Services Tax (GST) department has nabbed Irfan Shabbirhussain Kazi from Nadiad, a mastermind who created 10 bogus firms and generated Rs. 83 crore bills to pass on tax credit worth Rs. 15 crores.
The accused would manage to get documentary evidence such as Aadhar cards, PAN cards, light bills, etc from needy poor people and use them to create bogus firms. He would also manage to create rental agreements, bank accounts, and GST numbers. The accused has also managed to get GST numbers in other states.
Irfan showed transactions on paper without any real delivery of goods or services and issued Rs. 83 crore bills to pass on Rs. 15 crore tax credit to other beneficiaries of this tax fraud crime. The accused was produced before Additional Chief Metro Magistrate in Ahmedabad. The court sent him on seven days of custodial interrogation. DeshGujarat
- Golden Katar Division of Indian Army celebrates its 58th Raising Day
- Mandatory RTPCR test for passengers from 6 countries entering Gujarat
- Gujarat govt revenue from SGST and VAT up by 20 percent in a year
- GCMMF AMUL crosses Rs. 55,055 crores sales turnover with 18.5% growth (YoY)
- Nita Mukesh Ambani Cultural Centre inaugurated in Mumbai