Congress corporator of VMC abuses stray cattle catching team staffMarch 01, 2023
Vadodara: A Congress corporator of the Vadodara Municipal Corporation (VMC) allegedly hurled verbal abuses at the staffers of a stray cattle-catching team in Vadodara. A video of the incident has gone viral.
Congress corporator abuses stray cattle catching team staff of VMC https://t.co/3BlzQq3WRY pic.twitter.com/0AWivpPKZ9
— DeshGujarat (@DeshGujarat) March 1, 2023
Pradip Namdev Lokhande, who serves as a market supervisor in the cattle-catching team of VMC, was in the Fatehgunj area of the city with his team to capture stray cattle as part of VMC’s drive against the nuisance caused by them. He received information about the presence of a stray cow on the road in front of Chhani Gurudwara, and his team captured the cow and tied it to a bolero vehicle using string.
Shortly thereafter, 7-8 people, including the cow owner Nandu Bharwad, arrived and had an altercation with the cattle-catching team’s workers. One of them allegedly beat up Rohan Lokhande, a worker of the cattle-catching team, with a stick in his leg. Nandu Bharwad allegedly beat Pradip Lokhande, and they allegedly released the cow. The Congress corporator of ward no. 1, Jaha Bharwad, reached the scene and allegedly used abusive language while arguing with the cattle-catching team’s workers. The people present at the site have captured videos of the incident. DeshGujarat
- Surat Police nabs one for allegedly coercing Hindu female to marry him
- Innovative bicycles made by 74 year old cycling enthusiast from Vadodara
- CM and Gujarat BJP cancel events in wake of Balasore train tragedy
- Rescue operation underway after 2-year-old girl falls into borewell in Jamnagar
- 12 booked for aiding escape of NDPS accused from police custody in Junagadh
- Vadodara court approves 3-day remand of man accused of raping a Hindu woman
- Ahmedabad Police nabs six involved in narcotics supply