Court registered love marriages must require parents’ signature: Gujarat MLA demands in assemblyMarch 16, 2023
Gandhinagar: Several legislators in the Gujarat assembly today demanded that parental approval should be made mandatory in cases of registered marriages in courts. The legislators also demanded that registered marriages must not take place outside the district.
Kalol MLA Fatehsinh Chauhan, raising this issue of social concern in the State assembly said that the approval of parents should be made mandatory in the cases of registered court marriages. He also pointed out that in many cases, the process of registered marriage is initiated in another district to hide it from parents. To prevent this, there should be a rule that court-registered marriage should take place in the same district only.
Fatehsinh further said that in many cases anti-social elements lure and trap the partner and in some cases, the parents need to approach the court or commit suicide also. He said he has witnessed such incidents happening in his constituency area.
In support of the ruling party legislator, the opposition Congress party legislator Geniben THakor said that registration of love marriage should take place in the same village. If love marriage is done through dharmik ceremony, it should take place in the mandir of same village. The witnesses (panch) in such cases must be local persons. DeshGujarat
- HC issues notices to police officers over no FIR in Dr. Chag suicide case
- A school separates boys and girls after a female student complains harassment
- 80 reported custodial deaths in Gujarat in 5 years; Highest among all states
- ACB Gujarat traps a class-one lady officer of State govt in bribe case
- 15 National Highway Projects Gujarat approved/sanctioned/under sanction during 2022-23
- Gujarat Govt. approved 495 new private schools in 2 years
- Gujarat ranks 8th in country with nearly 1 lakh EVs
- Gujarat contributes 5% of India’s total fish production