Cricket tournament of Gujarat MLAs; Teams named after rivers, Captains appointedMarch 19, 2023
Gandhinagar: Ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) legislators will participate in a cricket tournament for legislators during 20-28 March at JS Patel ground in Koba in Gandhinagar.
Opposition legislators have refused to participate in this tournament.
The organizers have finalized 9 teams. Legislators Alpesh Thakor, Amit Thaker, Hardik Patel, Hira Solanki, Jayesh Radadiya, Dhavalsinh Zala and Sanjay Koradiya are appointed captains of these teams. Each team has a woman legislator as Vice Captain. The teams also contain the State assembly officials and staffers.
The teams are named after major rivers of Gujarat such as – Sabarmati, Narmada, Tapi, Shetrunji, Banas, Vishwamitri, Mahisagar and Bhadar. Each team will have a separate dress.
Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel will play in the team led by Alpesh Thakor while Speaker Shankar Chaudhary will play in the team led by Amit Thaker. Indian cricket champion Ravindra Jadeja’s legislator wife Rivaba Jadeja is vice-captain of the Alpesh Patel-led cricket team. Sports Minister Harsh Sanghavi will be a part of the Hardik Patel-led team.
Three – three matches will be played on the 20th and 27th of March. Two semi-final matches and one final match will be played on 28th March. All legislators are in State capital Gandhinagar as the Budget session is ongoing. DeshGujarat
- Centre's approval for Customs and Immigration facility at Vadodara airport
- Gujarat govt transfers the Municipal Commissioner of Jamnagar
- Only 14-15% power purchased from pvt sector and on merit order: Gujarat Govt
- ACB Gujarat nabs a police man in bribe case
- India must also aim to become the world’s biggest dairy exporter: Amit Shah in Gujarat
- EPC tender opened for Kalupur railway station redevelopment; Work to be completed in 36 Months
- Guj HC issues notice to centre and NHAI over toll rates at NH8
- Boat seized in Dolphin poaching case had satellite phone; Accused on two days remand