Gujarat CM asks District Collectors to do survey of damage to crops due to unseasonal rainsMarch 19, 2023
Gandhinagar: Gujarat Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel held a meeting with district collectors through video conference to review the situation arising due to unseasonal rains in the State.
The Chief Minister received primary details of damage to summer crops, horticulture farming ad winter crops due to unseasonal rains, especially in Amreli, Junagadh, Saurashtra-Kutch, and Central and North Gujarat areas.
The Chief Minister instructed district collectors to do a primary survey of damage to crops in their districts. The collectors informed the Chief Minister about the activation of survey teams.
The Chief Minister instructed that the survey should be done in a manner that none may face injustice. He asked district collectors to take steps for the protection of crops against unseasonal rains in the coming days as per the forecast by the Weather department.
111 talukas in 27 districts recieved 1 mm to 47 mm rain. Mainly 33 talukas of 18 districts have received more than 10 mm of rain. From March 5 to 9, unseasonal rains were received in 27 districts. DeshGujarat
- DFCCIL operationalizes WDFC Operational Control Centre in Gujarat
- Four from North Gujarat die while trying to enter America illegally
- Cricketer Salim Durani (88) passes away in Jamnagar, Gujarat; PM pays tribute
- Communal tension after Kajal Hindustan's speech in Una town
- Morbi bridge tragedy: Court denies bail to Jaysukh Patel