ACB Gujarat nabs Range Forest Officer in bribe caseMarch 20, 2023
Suredndranagar: Anti-corruption Bureau (ACB) of Gujarat has nabbed the Range Forest Officer (RFO) of Dhrangadhra in Surendranagar district in a bribe case involving the sum of Rs 17 thousand.
The accused Chetanpuri Babupuri Goswami had seized the complainant’s Hitachi machine and launcher from a salt mine and taken him to the beat office of forest near Kula village. He told the complainant to charge a high penalty after taking him to court after detaining the launcher and Hitachi machine. The accused forest officer added that the launcher and Hitachi machine won’t be released for 6 months.
The complainant showed readiness for paying penalty. However, the accused officer demanded a bribe of Rs 1,00,000. The amount was reduced to Rs 75 thousand after the argument. The complainant paid Rs 50,000 on 18th March and Rs 8,000 on 19th March.
The complainant contacted ACB as he was not willing to pay the remaining portion of bribe of Rs 17 thousand. The accused was found taking a bribe of Rs 17,000 from the complainant during a trap executed by ACB. The accused is detained. DeshGujarat
- Gujarat govt hikes assistance for Kailash Mansarovar Yatra by more than double
- Akash and Shloka Ambani name their newborn daughter 'Veda'
- One held at Ahmedabad Airport for altering Singapore Airlines ticket to enter terminal
- Rainfall likely in parts of Gujarat from June 10 to 14: IMD
- Sea conditions to be rough along & off Saurashtra - Kutch coast amid cyclone 'Biparjoy'
- RMC team destroys unhygienic Manchurian, gravy, garlic bread, rotten flour from restaurants and cafes
- Kejriwal's Degree Dikhao movement continues; now files review petition in Gujarat HC