Compensation sought for non-existent trees on land to be acquired in South GujaratMarch 25, 2023
Navsari: The locals and sarpanch of Sadakpor village in Navsari presented a memorandum to Navsari district collector demanding an investigation against a person of the village who allegedly took lakhs of money from the government as compensation by making false claims of having various types of trees in his land to be acquired for Baroda Mumbai expressway.
The sarpanch of Sadakpor received complaints from the locals that a person had made false claims of having Khair, Saag and Chandan trees in his land to be acquired for the Baroda Mumbai expressway and did a scam of lakhs of rupees by seeking compensation for such trees that were non-existent.
The memorandum stated that the permission of the forest department is needed for cutting valuable trees and the sign of sarpanch is also required. However, no process was done for permission and no sign was taken for the cutting of valuable trees. The person got a redemption of lakhs of rupees for the land acquisition, they alleged. There were no valuable trees on his land acquired for the Baroda Mumbai expressway, as per the allegation. DeshGujarat
- Gujarat govt hikes assistance for Kailash Mansarovar Yatra by more than double
- Akash and Shloka Ambani name their newborn daughter 'Veda'
- One held at Ahmedabad Airport for altering Singapore Airlines ticket to enter terminal
- Rainfall likely in parts of Gujarat from June 10 to 14: IMD
- Sea conditions to be rough along & off Saurashtra - Kutch coast amid cyclone 'Biparjoy'
- RMC team destroys unhygienic Manchurian, gravy, garlic bread, rotten flour from restaurants and cafes
- Kejriwal's Degree Dikhao movement continues; now files review petition in Gujarat HC