Stone pelting on Ram Navami processions in VadodaraMarch 30, 2023
Updates: Ram Navami profession attacked again with stones in the evening in Muslims populated Fatepur area. Police lobbed tear gas shells. Police Commissioner Dr. Shamsher Singh himself enters the field to guard the procession. MoS Home, Harsh Sanghavi has reportedly asked police to nab the culprits by midnight today. Sanghavi has reportedly canceled his participation in Ram Navami function in Surat. A meeting of top police officers was held in the State capital Gandhinagar. More police force has been called from neighboring districts to Vadodara.
Vadodara: Radical Muslims attacked Ram Navami procession near Panjrigar mohalla in Vadodara with stones, said Vishwa Hindu Parishad.
According to a Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP)’s local office bearer Vishnubhai Prajapati, the attack was massive but murti was saved.
Prajapati said a 200 to 500-strong crowd came on the road from various streets and started pelting stones.
The incident happened at Panjrigar Mohalla. Over a dozen vehicles were also damaged in the attack. The procession organized by Karelibag prakhand of Vishwa Hindu Parishad to mark Ram Navami proceeded amid an attack on its planned route. Those, part of the procession also pelted stones.
DCP of city police said none was injured in this incident and peace was restored. DeshGujarat
Vadodara Ram Navami violence: police adds IPC Section 295A and nabs 12 more
Rifle snatching attempt and attack on SRP jawan in Vadodara on Ram Navmi; Accused booked
Vadodara Police arrest one over Facebook post
Vadodara Ram Navami violence: 23 arrested, 500 booked, SIT formed
- Weather Watch group meet held ahead of monsoon in State capital Gandhinagar
- ACB Gujarat nabs a staffer in Police Commissioner's office in Ahmedabad for bribery
- BAPS through a letter to Bardoli Municipality ends the controversy over naming of local stadium
- Not proposing to change Ahmedabad's name as Karnavati: BJP leaders in reply to media query
- Matrimonial profile pics misused on Bumble and Tinder; Vadodara girl files complaint
- Ahmedabad court summon Arvind Kejriwal and Sanjay Singh again on July 13
- Union Cabinet increases MSP for Kharif crops by upto Rs. 805/quintal compared to previous year