Gujarat ATS arrests 3 more Bangladeshis in connection with Al-QaedaMay 24, 2023
Ahmedabad: One day after the arrest of a Bangladeshi citizen by the Gujarat Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS), three more accused who were earlier detained have now been arrested on suspicion of their involvement with the banned terrorist organisation Al Qaeda. They have been placed in police custody for seven days.
According to the ATS, the three individuals—Munna Khalid Ansari, also known as Munnakhan or Moz Ibn Zabal, and Azharul Islam Kafiluddin Ansari, also known as Jahangir or Aakashkhan, both hailing from Bhaluka in the Mymensingh district of Bangladesh, along with Abdul Latif, also known as Mominul Ansari, from Morsi in Bangladesh—are believed to be members of Al Qaeda.
In addition, a man named Mohammad Sojibmiya Ahmedali (28), residing in Rakhial, Ahmedabad, was arrested by the ATS on Monday.
During interrogation, the ATS claims to have discovered that members of this group are residing in India illegally, propagating the ideology of Al Qaeda, recruiting sympathetic youths for the organisation, collecting funds, and transferring them to their handlers.
All four individuals have been charged under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act. DeshGujarat
- Rupani issues rebuttal against purported letter of retired IAS SK Langa published in a newspaper
- Reliance Foundation, USAID announce winners of the WomenConnect Challenge India Round-2
- 16 from Gujarat clear UPSC civil services exam
- Legal battle over “Tomato’s” escalates as restaurants clash in Gujarat HC
- Sarabhai Vs Sarabhai actress Vaibhavi Upadhyay passes away in car accident
- Enhancing urban mobility: India's metro rail transformation
- FT rankings put IIMA’s executive education programmes at # 1 in India, # 2 in Asia and # 35 worldwide