Articles tagged under: Sanand
October 01, 2019
Automakers Ford Motor Company and Mahindra & Mahindra have signed a new agreement to create a joint venture that will develop, market and distribute Ford vehicles in India.
The announcement confirms that the joint venture will see Ford transfer ownership of its Sanand and Chennai facilities to Mahindra under the new JV. Mahindra owns a 51 per cent controlling stake in the new joint venture and the remaining 49 per cent owned by Ford.
While the companies will co-develop products going for...Read More
August 07, 2019
Ahmedabad: GINGER today announced opening of a 104-room Lean Luxe hotel in Sanand. With this hotel, the brand will have a total of nine operating hotels in the state of Gujarat and two more in the pipeline. Located 35 kms from the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport in Ahmedabad, GINGER Sanand is based in the Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation area which houses major industries such as Automobile, Pharma and FMCG. The National Highway-17 connects the city to a network of roadw...Read More
October 24, 2018
Mumbai: Operating at 100% capacity utilization, Tata Motors successfully rolled out its 500,000th passenger vehicle unit on Tuesday, October 23, 2018 from its Sanand factory located outside Ahmedabad.
According to company statement, the Sanand facility plays a vital role in its passenger vehicles portfolio, manufacturing the widely popular models - Tiago andTigor; the latter was recently launched in an all-new avatar.
The company said, 'keeping up with the Government of India’s vision t...Read More
September 05, 2018
Ahmedabad: Unicharm India Pvt. Ltd., a manufacturer of disposable hygiene products, today opened its largest manufacturing facility in Sanand near Ahmedabad. Spread over 3,00,000 sq. meter, the facility will facilitate the supply of Unicharm’s popular products- MamyPoko, Sofy and Lifree- to be able to cater to their rising demand in India, the company said.
In addition to India market, the facility will also be used to export the products to 4-5 key global markets. Unicharm has already sig...Read More
May 08, 2018
Gandhinagar: Japanese company Mitsubishi is likely to set up its manufacturing plant at Sanand near Ahmedabad with an investment of around Rs 500 crore according to reports that claim that the company has applied for 15 acre land. Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation(GIDC) is in process to identify suitable land for Mitsubishi.
The company according to reports intends to set up a manufacturing plant of electronic components, that can be supplied to Sanand-Bechraji based auto manufactur...Read More
March 13, 2018
Ahmedabad: Germany headquartered plumbing and heating solutions firm Viega which is into piping, draining, flushing technology today launched its first manufacturing facility in India at Sanand near Ahmedabad with an investment of around Rs 160 crore (20 million euro). The plant will initially make floor drains and toilet system. The facility will cater to the local demands as well as export market in South East Asia and the Middle East.
Memorandum of Undestanding(MoU) for this unit was sign...Read More
March 08, 2018
Sanand: Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani today inaugurated a Taiwanese tyre manufacturer Maxxis's first plant in India. The plant is spread over 106 acres area. Rupani said Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) for this plant was signed in year 2015 edition of Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit. The plant has been set up with investment of Rs 2640 crore. It directly employs 600 as of now. Once it is fully commissioned in next five-year span, it will be in capacity to offer jobs to total 3,000 persons. ...Read More
December 01, 2017
Gandhinagar: Even after the last date of withdrawal of nomination forms for second phase, BJP rebels are still in fray at some places. Sanand seat in Ahmedabad district is one of such seats.
BJP has fielded Kanu Makwana, son of outgoing MLA Karamsi Makwana as its candidate on Sanand seat. Karamsi was elected as Congress MLA in 2012 by 3,916 margin against then BJP candidate Kamabhai Rathod. Karamsi voted against Congress candidate Ahmed Patel in Rajya Sabha election early this year and joine...Read More
November 30, 2017
Ahmedabad: Apparently in reaction to Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's repeated claims in political rallies that the then Narendra Modi led Gujarat government gave Rs 33,000 crore loan to Tata Motors for its Sanand plant, Tata Motors has today issued a statement based on facts attributed to its spokesperson:
The investor friendly environment created by the Government of Gujarat (GoG) encouraged Tata Motors to set-up its manufacturing plant in Sanand, with a long-term vision to make it on...Read More
October 27, 2017
Ahmedabad: Tata Motors team at Sanand facility in Gujarat today celebrated roll-out of 100,000th Tata TIAGO, the 'most popular' hatchback from Tata Motors.Read More
error: Content is protected !!